Welcome My Friends To Pigs Can Fly

Monday, March 4, 2013

Missing The World Around Us




But ask the animals what they think - let them teach you;
let the birds tell you what's going on.
Put your ear to the earth - learn the basics.
Listen - the fish in the ocean will tell you their stories.
Isn't it clear that they all know and agree
that God is sovereign, that he holds all things in his hand"
(Job 12:7-9 Msg)


Are you missing the world around you?  Let's be honest, we all become so consumed with the busyness of our day we often miss the beauty and majesty of creation.  And I think that nature has something to teach us, something nature has always known.  But the first step is to relax enough to see.  To see who holds you in his hand.  

I hope you take it slow today, slow enough to learn from the birds or listen to the stories of the fish.  And a special thanks to the cardinal how sat in our apple tree and enjoyed the snowy morning, I enjoyed our time together.

1 comment:

  1. a good word to me - that in an extremely distraction-filled time in my life, I am reminded to come here, to hear this - haven' been here since you launched it - no offence - as the leading is not from me or from you.

    That's why I love you and the life that is offered in freedom - it's by freedom that we have life. . .

    Peace to all - let us all find this peace.

    ReplyDelete